Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Hitting The Waiver Wire For Week Nine; Matchups To Watch For


Welcome in week nine of the football season and week nine of your fantasy season. Like last week I will go over the top five waiver wire acquisitions as well, the top three matchups I like that could potentially help you get a win over your opponent.

The first player I see jumping off the boards this week is Tennessee Titans quarterback Jack Locker, who is owned in just over 12 percent of leagues. Locker is back in at quarterback and the Titans are looking to make some moves in the AFC South. This week against the St. Louis Rams I could see Locker have a career game, I would take a shot on Locker if you need a bye week start.

The second player I like this week is Carolina Panthers running back Mike Tolbert, who is owned in just over 23 percent of leagues. Tolbert has had five scores through seven weeks making him a threat on the ground in just about any game. This week the Panthers take on the Atlanta Falcons who have been having their own sizable troubles on defense. I like the fact that Tolbert has been getting goal line carries so I like him this week as a flex or a bye week start at running back.

The third player I see coming off the boards this week is Seattle Seahawks wide receiver Doug Baldwin, who is owned in just over six percent of leagues. Baldwin had a huge touchdown last week; forget about the huge penalty that came as he taunted his way into the end zone, and think about the good. Baldwin’s score was also the longest touchdown pass quarterback Russell Wilson has tossed in his career, so I could see more targets coming for the wide out. I would start Baldwin as a flex or a bye week start.

The fourth player I like this week is Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders, who is owned in over 79 percent of leagues. While I am not a huge fan of the Steelers offense, Sanders fills in nicely at wide receiver with quarterback Ben Rothelisberger in the pocket looking for a deep target. I could see the Steelers getting behind this week against the Patriots and Rothelisberger looking to sling the ball around. Sanders hopefully is the recipient of those targets. I would start Sanders a third wide out, flex or a bye week start.

The fifth player I would take a shot on this week is New England Patriots wide receiver Julian Edelman, who is owned in over 42 percent of leagues. The Patriots have had their share of offensive woes this season, but Edelman has been as consistent as they come when he is healthy and on the field. I like Edelman this week against the Steelers, as he could find his way into several mismatches against linebackers. I like Edelman as a third wide receiver option, a flex or a bye week start.

Now that I have gone over the top five waiver wire pickups I will go over the top three matchups I think you could benefit from starting players in to get a jump on your opponent this week.

The first matchup I like this week is the Pittsburgh Steelers at the New England Patriots. I like this matchup because the Patriots are coming off a poor showing from their offense, and the Steelers are coming off a loss to the Raiders. In this matchup I like lots of offense, including the Patriots Tom Brady, Stevan Ridley, and Danny Amendola. For the Steelers I like Ben Rothelisberger and Emmanuel Sanders. I expect this to be a game in the mid 20’s; so two touchdowns for each quarterback wouldn’t be a shocker.

The second matchup I like this week is the Kansas City Chiefs at the Buffalo Bills. The Chiefs continue to impress and I see them with another win in Buffalo this weekend. I like the Chiefs offense and defense, while I only like one player on the Bills. For the Chiefs I like Alex Smith, Jamaal Charles and their defense. For the Bills I like Fred Jackson. I could see the Bills getting some late points against the Chiefs defense, but I don’t see either team topping 28 points.

The third matchup I like this week is the Philadelphia Eagles at the Oakland Raiders. The Raiders are coming off of a nice win over the Steelers and the Eagles are coming off a loss to the New York Giants. With the Eagles quarterback situation still in shambles, it’s hard to like many of their offensive weapons they have but there are some I still like. For the Raiders I like Terrelle Pryor, Darren McFadden and their defense. For the Eagles I like LeSean McCoy and DeSean Jackson.

That’s all for this week, check back next week when I go over the top five waiver wire pick ups and the top three matchups to watch for.

No comments:

Post a Comment