Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Hitting The Waiver Wire For Week Ten; Matchups To Watch For


Welcome in week ten of the football season and week ten of your fantasy season. Like last week I will go over the top five waiver wire acquisitions as well, the top three matchups I like that could potentially help you get a win over your opponent.

The first player I see jumping off the boards this week is Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Nick Foles, who is owned in just over 30 percent of leagues. While I don’t think Foles will have another seven-touchdown game like he did against the Oakland Raiders last week, I think he can continue to have good games as he connects with his wide receivers like DeSean Jackson and Riley Cooper. I would grab Foles if you had Michael Vick, or need a bye week start at quarterback.

The second player I like this week is Houston Texans running back Ben Tate, who is owned in just over 69 percent of leagues. Tate was one of those guys drafted with the intention of holding onto him until Arian Foster went down. Well that time has come and Tate is making the most of it. Despite the quarterback quandary in Houston, Tate’s production should not vary. I would grab Tate if you had Foster or need a bye week start at running back.

The third player I see coming off the boards this week is Green Bay Packers quarterback Seneca Wallace, who is owned in just one percent of leagues. With Aaron Rodgers down and Wallace the only backup in site for Green Bay, he will be thrown into the fire again this week against the Detroit Lions. However, now with a week of play under his belt I feel confident that Wallace can deliver a good fantasy production. I would grab Wallace if you have Rodgers or need a bye week start at quarterback.

The fourth player I like this week is Houston Texans quarterback Case Keenum, who is available in just over six percent of leagues. Keenum had a huge game with Andre Johnson last week. While I don’t see them pairing for three touchdowns every week going forward, I could see Keenum tossing multiple touchdowns as he gets comfortable with the offense. I like Keenum going forward if you like the Texans offense, or just need a bye week start at quarterback.

The fifth player I would take a shot on this week is Green Bay Packers running back James Starks, who is owned in just over 24 percent of leagues. While Starks is still not the go to back in the Green Bay offense he has put together solid games in back-to-back weeks along side of Eddie Lacy. I like Starks going forward, especially if the injury to Aaron Rodgers goes on for more than one week, as the Packers will look to run the ball more with Lacy and Starks. I would take a shot on Starks if you have Lacy, or need a bye week flex start.

Now that I have gone over the top five waiver wire pickups I will go over the top three matchups I think you could benefit from starting players in to get a jump on your opponent this week.

The first matchup I like this week is the Philadelphia Eagles at the Green Bay Packers. In what was slated to be a matchup between marquee quarterbacks, it is now likely a matchup between backup quarterbacks as the Eagles Nick Foles will go up against the Packers Seneca Wallace. While I don’t see Foles tossing seven touchdowns again, I do see this game being a barnburner with the scoring in the high 20s to low 30s. On the Eagles side I like Foles, LeSean McCoy and DeSean Jackson. On the Packers side I like Seneca Wallace, Eddie Lacy, James Starks and Jordy Nelson.

The second matchup I like this week is the Dallas Cowboys at the New Orleans Saints. A pair of gun slingers who are used to playing in a dome, one offense with a go-to receiver and the other offense with a group of legitimate receivers and two top end tight ends. This is the story line of the Cowboys and Saints this week. On the Cowboys side I like Tony Romo, Dez Bryant and Jason Witten. On the Saints side I like Drew Brees, Jimmy Graham and Marques Colston.

The third matchup I like this week is the Denver Broncos at the San Diego Chargers. There are not many better matchups all season than this when the Broncos travel to San Diego to take on the Chargers. The Broncos are sitting at second place in the AFC West, despite having what most talking heads called ‘the best offense in football.’ While the Chargers are somewhat of a revelation as throw to the curb Phillip Rivers is coming back to life as a top 10 quarterback. I expect a show down as the two teams battle for positioning in the AFC West. On the Broncos side of the ball I like Manning, Knowshon Moreno, Julian Thomas, and Wes Welker. On the Chargers side of the ball I like Rivers, Antonio Gates and Keenan Allen.

That’s all for this week, check back next week when I go over the top five waiver wire pick ups and the top three matchups to watch for.

No comments:

Post a Comment