Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Hitting The Waiver Wire For Week Twelve; Matchups To Watch For


Welcome in week 12 of the football season and week 12 of your fantasy season. Like last week I will go over the top five waiver wire acquisitions as well, the top three matchups I like that could potentially help you get a win over your opponent.

The first player I see jumping off the boards this week is Tampa Bay Buccaneers running back Bobby Rainey, who is owned in just over 37 percent of leagues. Rainey ran wild last week against the Atlanta Falcons after a solid performance in relief during the Miami Dolphins contest. Back-to-back strong performances has me buying Rainey. I like Rainey as a second running back option or a flex from here on out.

The second player I like this week is Chicago Bears quarterback Josh McCown, who is owned in just over four percent of leagues. Jay Cutler is on the mend, and is scheduled to start next week, but this week McCown gets the start as the Bears face off with the St. Louis Rams. I like McCown for the start, and would be a good handcuff for Cutler owners going forward if he happens to get injured again.

The third player I see coming off the boards this week is Houston Texans tight end Garret Graham, who is owned in just over 23 percent of leagues. The Texans offense has been dysfunctional but Graham has been picking up where Owen Daniels left off. I like Graham this week against the Jacksonville Jaguars who have their own issues on both sides of the ball.

The fourth player I like this week is actually a defense, the Cowboys defense, who is owned in just over 35 percent of leagues. The Cowboys defense has allowed major points in a few games this year, but this week against the New York Giants I see a great game by the defense. I like the Cowboys this week as a spot start.

The fifth player I would take a shot on this week is Detroit Lions wide receiver Nate Burleson, who is owned in just over two percent of leagues. Coming off an injury where the wideout has not played since week three tempts me for all the wrong reasons. What can Burleson add to the Lions offense? I like Burleson as a spot start for a flex this week, and could be a solid contributor for the rest of the season if he picks up where he left off.

Now that I have gone over the top five waiver wire pickups I will go over the top three matchups I think you could benefit from starting players in to get a jump on your opponent this week.

The first matchup I like this week is the Minnesota Vikings at the Green Bay Packers. Divisional matchups are always fun, and this Vikings and Packers matchup is no different. In this pairing I see a high scoring game, at least for the Packers. The Vikings have been struggling all year so its no wonder I only like one player on their team, Adrian Peterson. On the Packers side I like Scott Tolzien, Eddie Lacy and the defense.

The second matchup I like this week is the Dallas Cowboys at the New York Giants. Another divisional matchup. This on is also a Sunday night game when the Cowboys travel to New York to face off with the Giants. In this game I see a Cowboys team running all over the Giants to keep within striking range of the Philadelphia Eagles for the playoffs. For the Cowboys I like Tony Romo, DeMarco Murray, Jason Witten, Dez Bryant and the defense.

The third matchup I like this week is the Denver Broncos at the New England Patriots. When Tom Brady and Peyton Manning take the field opposite of one another is has perennially been a good game, this week should be no exception as the Broncos are coming off a good win and the Patriots are coming off a bad loss. It is also the home coming for Wes Welker to face on his former team. On the Broncos I like Manning, Knowshon Moreno, Eric Decker and Wes Welker. On the Patriots I like Tom Brady, Stevan Ridley, Rob Gronkowski and Danny Amendola.

That’s all for this week, check back next week when I go over the top five waiver wire pick ups and the top three matchups to watch for.

No comments:

Post a Comment