Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Hitting The Waiver Wire For Week Seven; Matchups To Watch For


Welcome in week six of the football season and week six of your fantasy season. Like last week I will go over the top five waiver wire acquisitions as well, the top three matchups I like that could potentially help you get a win over your opponent.

The first player I see jumping off the boards this week is St. Louis Rams running back Zac Stacy, who is owned in just over seven percent of leagues. I like Stacy for the fact he has made it clear he will be getting the majority of carries for the Rams, and now has beaten our former starting running back Darryl Richardson for the first team job. I would take a shot on Stacy if you need a running back, a bye week start, or just want someone on the bench going forward incase one of your backs goes down.

The second player I like this week is Dallas Cowboys running back Joseph Randle, who is owned in just over one percent of leagues. With an injury to DeMarco Murray, Randle is worth a shot. I would go for Randle is you have Murray or need a bye week running back. Randle’s value could rise quickly if he shows he can step in and fill Murray’s role, so now is a good time to buy on Randle.

The third player I see coming off the boards this week is San Diego Chargers wide receiver Keenan Allen, who is owned in just over six percent of leagues. I should have seen this coming from the former California Golden Bear wide receive, as he was put on the Biletnikoff watch list as a junior. But there are still a few things don’t make Allen my number one choice this week. Allen’s teammate Eddie Royal had a hot start, and now is very cold after posting less than spectacular numbers in his last three starts, which leads me to believe the same could be true of Allen if quarterback Phillip Rivers changes his mind on who to target. However, I do like Allen as a bye week start, or a flex start if you are needing a waiver wire pick up as the Chargers face off against the Jacksonville Jaguars this week.

The fourth player I like this week is Houston Texans tight end Garrett Graham, who is owned in just over 36 percent of leagues. In his first start with the offense in place of injured Owen Daniels, Graham made only two catches. I look for that to change if the offense goes forward with TJ Yates. The best protection blanket for a new quarterback is a tight end, and Graham can be effective if given the ball. I would go after Graham if you need a bye week start or had Daniels.

The fifth player I would take a shot on this week is Washington Redskins wide receiver Leonard Hankerson who is owned in just over 14 percent of leagues. The Redskins offense is starting to pick up and in my eyes Hankerson will be the person to put the Redskins offense over the top. While teammate Pierre Garcon takes the majority of targets, the ones Hankerson does receive can come in big spots, the problem is consistency for the former Miami University wide out. Hankerson has not posted a touchdown since week one. I would look for Hankerson to fill in as a bye week start as a last choice flex.

Now that I have gone over the top five waiver wire pickups I will go over the top three matchups I think you could benefit from starting players in to get a jump on your opponent this week.

The first matchup I like this week is the New England Patriots at the New York Jets. Tom Brady and company will look to stay atop the AFC North with this divisional matchup against Geno Smith and the Jets. The Patriots are coming off a solid week a good win over the New Orleans Saints, and will look to improve their record to 6-1 with a win over the Jets. While on the Jets side of the football Smith has been Jekyll and Hyde at quarterback, every other week he seems to put up good numbers. This week is that week if he continues the trend, and in a divisional matchup I am looking for a good game albeit lower scoring than suggested. I like Tom Brady, Julian Edelman, Stevan Ridley, Geno Smith, and Santonio Holmes in this matchup.

The second matchup I like this week is the Cleveland Browns at the Green Bay Packers. The Packers are coming off a nice win over the Baltimore Ravens while the Browns are coming off a two-score loss to the Detroit Lions. I look for more of the same as the Packers roll to an easy win over the Browns here. In this matchup I like Aaron Rodgers, Eddie Lacy, Jermichael Finley and Willis McGahee.

The third matchup I like this week is the Denver Broncos at the Indianapolis Colts. In Peyton Manning’s first visit to Indianapolis since joining the Broncos, this will matchup two of the power house teams in the AFC against each other with the undefeated Broncos taking on the one-loss Colts. I like all the big guns in this matchup as I look for another shootout on Sunday night. The players I like the most include Peyton Manning, Wes Welker, Julian Thomas, Knowshon Moreno, Andrew Luck, Reggie Wayne and Trent Richardson.

That’s all for this week, check back next week when I go over the top five waiver wire pick ups and the top three matchups to watch for.

No comments:

Post a Comment